Our African school is part of the process of development education pursued by the NGO CSI Lëtzebuerg.
The park of the Hollenfels Youth Centre is the setting for a tent erected by CSI and decorated in the style of an African village. It contains a village school where the children will “learn”, sitting on mats on the ground. They get to know - in a playful manner - the learning conditions and methods (e. g. writing on a slate) of children in Afrika. The project aims at:
- making the children discover other cultures
- raising awareness for the importance of education
- a better understanding of the reasons why about 60 million children don't go to school.
The animations are aimed at cycle 3 and 4 of primary school.
All the animations take place on Wednesdays.
There are two possibilities:
- half day: from 9 am to noon
- whole day: from 9 pm to 3 pm
Further information and registration:
Phone : 26 64 93 89 25